We’ve talked before about what it means to be a high-end painter, and what the practical benefits of hiring a high-end painter are for you as a homeowner. In case you missed it, just click over here!
To help you weed through your prospective painting companies and find one that you can truly feel good about hiring, we put together a list of a few questions that are important to ask.
Before You Hire Your Painter, Be Sure to Ask…
- Are you licensed and insured? – A reputable painter will carry the appropriate credentials and coverage, and will be willing and able to share them with you at your request. Not only does this ensure the protection of your home, but it also is a good sign that they take their responsibilities to you and their team seriously.
- What kind of training do you offer your team? – Training not only is an indicator that your painter is committed to quality work, but also to jobsite safety and the overall development of their team.
- Will your own employees be handling my project, or subcontractors? – Many painting companies hire less expensive subcontractors to handle their projects. While this can work out in some cases, it often leads to less accountability, inconsistent work, and lower quality products.
- What kind of surface preparation is included in my estimate? – For a closer look at why this is so important to ask, just read the case study we featured in this blog.
- Who will personally oversee my painting project? – Communication is king during any home improvement project, and painting is no exception. It’s important to know exactly who your point of contact is and feel comfortable asking them any questions you might have at any time.
For Your Portland Home Painting Needs, Why Not Contact Us At Sundeleaf Painting?
We are here and ready to serve you! You can learn more about our services, or we invite you to contact us directly with your questions.