Choosing Cabinet Colors For Your Perfect Kitchen Look
Posted by Sam Sundeleaf on Friday, October 08, 2021
Craving a change in your kitchen? Most people think the only way to renew your kitchen is by completely remodeling it, kissing money and time goodbye. Sometimes, all you really need is a fresh coat of paint on your cabinets! Teaming up with professional, expert painters will give you the high quality finish that will leave your kitchen feeling brand new.
Okay, so now you have your plan, but here comes the other dilemma:
“What color should I choose to paint my cabinets?” Don’t worry, we put together a short Q & A to help you.
5 Answers to Commonly Asked Questions About Cabinet Paint Colors
1. What is popular these days? We are still seeing that white is at the top of the charts of popularity. Remember though, you can choose warmer or brighter shades to match the rest of your kitchen. There’s actually a lot of variety in choosing a white paint color!
2. If I paint my cabinets white, how can I add more color into my kitchen? Consider choosing a color for your kitchen decor, plates, backsplash, or even painting an accent wall. If you have an island in your kitchen, painting it with a different color is a great way to add character.
3. How should I choose a color for an accent wall or for just the island? We recommend trying out a couple of sample colors before making a commitment. You can do this by painting a poster board and putting it up. Leave it for 2-3 days and see if it is something you really love. Remember, if you are going for a theme, still stick to a color that you love. If you don’t love blue or green but want to go for a brighter feel, you could choose beige or another earth tone instead.
4. What other things do I need to consider when choosing colors for my cabinets? Before you make a final color decision, you’ll want to consider a few things. Grab a piece of paper and write down these questions:
- What atmosphere do I want in my kitchen? Do I want a warm, cozy kitchen or a bright, clean feeling kitchen?
- Do I plan to add lighting if I choose dark colors to make it feel bigger?
- Will white make it feel less like home for me?
Write down your answers and keep these things in mind while making your decisions.
5. What else do I need to know? First, trends will come and go. The most important thing is for you to pick what you like. We want you to wake up each morning with that fresh cup of coffee feeling refreshed and satisfied with your new kitchen. Second, always test colors with samples. Colors may look different in your kitchen than in your nearby store. Last, have fun and enjoy the journey! Renewing your kitchen should be a lot of fun and trust us, it will be worth it!
Ready to get started or still have some questions? Give us a call today. We look forward to partnering with you to refresh your kitchen cabinets!