Cabinet Painting - Onsite Painting versus Removal to Spray Shop
Posted by Sam Sundeleaf on Wednesday, March 31, 2021
When you need professional assistance here in Portland, do you go to it, or does the help come to you? You bring your car to the shop, but the plumber comes to your house. When it comes to painting kitchen cabinets, which is better? Should the cabinets be removed for treatment in a spray shop, or is it best to paint them on-site? Is there a best way to refinish or paint kitchen cabinets?
Advantages to Using a Spray Shop
At Sundeleaf Painting, we always prefer to remove wooden items to our custom spray shop in Portland if it is possible. There are many advantages to completing the process this way:
- We can perfectly control the airflow in the work environment. This means no dust, and we have ideal temperature and humidity control.
- All of our tools for professional-grade spray coatings are right there, including proper ventilation.
- There is less disruption to your home if all of the sanding, prepping, coating, and finishing happens off-site.
- We do not need to cover everything with plastic and seal off the work area.
Reasons to Paint or Refinish Cabinets On Site
Sometimes there are factors that make it preferable to do the painting or refinishing in your Portland home. Generally, this is the case when the wooden items are installed in such a way that removal and transportation would be too laborious and disruptive to be worthwhile. In this case, we work hard to make sure the same quality of refinishing happens in your home as it would in our spray shop.
- We use plastic, tape, drop cloths and portable ventilation systems to ensure a dust-free spraying environment.
- Portable tool systems enable us to apply a factory-grade finish, whether with paint, stain, or varnish, right in your home.
- Every nearby surface is fully protected, so that there is no danger from overspray.
- Our air-control systems also minimize any fumes in your home.
- We emphasize meticulous cleanup, so that the only evidence we were in your home is the amazing new paint!
For over 90 years, Sundeleaf Painting has been serving the Portland metro region with premium house painting and wood refinishing services. Discerning clients with high-end homes trust us to provide the absolute highest quality of services, whether that be kitchen cabinet painting, wood refinishing, interior painting, exterior painting, deck maintenance, or any of our other excellent house painting services. Call our office or contact us online for a free kitchen cabinet painting estimate.