6 Low-Cost Home Remodeling Ideas
Posted by Sam Sundeleaf on Thursday, August 28, 2014
Home painting and remodeling can be a lot of fun. Who doesn’t like to watch fresh, modern colors slowly wash over their walls, or old spaces rethought and remade? The only thing that might be holding you back is the price-tag. After all, depending on the scope of your project, things can add up quickly.
Beyond simply increasing the quality and comfort of your home, there is a special motivation to update and remodel if you are trying to sell your house. When a sale is on the line, suddenly your dusty to-do list might just seem a little bigger, more important, and more intimidating.
Budget-Friendly Home Improvement (Yes, It’s Possible!)
There are some great opportunities for home improvement on a thin budget. Here are just a few to get you started:
- Refinish your front door – Curb appeal and first impressions are the name of the game. A bright, clean, freshly painted or stained door creates a finished, aesthetically pleasing appearance.
- Landscape – It costs nothing more than the price of hedgeclippers to make sure that your bushes aren’t overgrown. Even if they aren’t exactly award-winning rose bushes, neat landscaping goes a long way when it comes to making your property appealing.
- Refinish your hardwood flooring – This is a little more involved of a project, but if you can refinish your floors it will pay a huge return on a relatively small investment.
- Replace your counters – If you can swing it financially, replacing kitchen counters can transform the look of your kitchen. There are some quality, budget-friendly options that can be found by doing a little research, too.
- New hardware for your cabinets – It’s amazing what new hardware will do for your kitchen. A simple update can work wonders.
- Make the most of all your spaces – You can’t really wave a magic wand and create spaces where there aren’t any (although it sure would be cool if you could), but you can make the spaces you have all appear to be useable. For example, rather than let your basement be just a giant catch-all that will look like a lost cause to your potential buyer, take the time to organize it with some shelving and make it look ready to go and functional.
A Professional Painting Company Can Help!
When it comes to furniture painting, or any other interior or exterior painting and refinishing project you might have, asking a local painting company for help can be a great idea. We hope you might consider contacting us at Sundeleaf Painting! It would be our pleasure to put our services to work for you.