5 Reasons Your Home’s Exterior Paint Is More Important Than You Think
Posted by Sam Sundeleaf on Friday, March 17, 2017
When most homeowners dive into an exterior painting project, their primary goal is to boost their property’s style and curb appeal. Maybe they’re sick of looking at weathered paint, or maybe that banana yellow color they inherited when they purchased the place just isn’t doing the trick anymore.
Either way, style is king.
That’s a great reason to paint! But, it’s far from the only reason. The others on the list are crucial to consider too, and may just take you a bit by surprise.
Exterior Paint Has a Big Job To Do
Did you know that your home’s paint...
- Is a protective shield that deters termites and other pests that are looking for a place to call home?
- Is a first line of defense against the elements, including UV damage, moisture, corrosion, and more?
- Can increase the lifespan of your home’s siding?
- Protects against the destructive power of mold and mildew?
- Offers one of the highest levels of return on investment of any home improvement project?
Quality Exterior Painting Is Worth the Investment
With so much responsibility on its plate, it makes sense to give your paint all the tools it needs to succeed. Investing in a high-end painting company that will spend all the necessary time on repairs, surface prep, and use premium products is essential. The difference in quality is immediately evident, and the difference in value proves itself as your enjoy an enduring finish and a higher return on investment.
How do you find a high-end painter? Check out this article for practical tips to help you identify the right professional for your needs.
And, if you live in the Portland area, contact us at Sundeleaf Painting! It would be our pleasure to serve you.